I was born in a small country village called Tottington in Lancashire, England. My family emigrated to Adelaide, South Australia in 1983. We arrived one week after the Ash Wednesday bushfires.
During my time at high school, I discovered the love of art, technical drawing and photography. I saw graphic design as a profession and, upon completion of matriculation in 1988, I started work as a Cibachrome printer while also studying an Associate Diploma in Graphic Design at The University of South Australia, Underdale.
I gained entry into the degree course and completed my Degree in Graphic Design in 1995. The previous year I completed my Associate Diploma in Graphic Design.
This expanded my interest into multi-media & the web and now use my skills to create corporate identities, annual reports, e-bulletins, posters, books, magazines, stationery, packaging, web interface design, etc, for multiple clients.
I was Creative Director at SALIfe for 5 years.
Now, Creative Director at Free Run Press we produce award winning publications such as the Adelaide Hills Magazine, Barossa Living Magazine, Family Business Magazine, WBM, SA Kids Magazine, Aspire Magazine and Parade Magazine.
Additional Honours & Awards
• Adelaide Hills Magazine (Design Production as Creative Director), WINNER of the Publishers Australia Excellence Award 2010 for Regional Magazine of the Year!
• Barossa Living, WINNER of the Publishers Australia Excellence Award 2011 for
Regional Magazine of the Year!
• FBM, Runner Up in the Publishers Australia Excellence Awards 2011 for
Magazine Launch of the Year!
• SA Kids named Runner up Regional Magazine of the year at the Publishers Australia
Excellence Awards 2012.
• Adelaide Hills Magazine (Design Production as Creative Director), WINNER of the Publishers Australia Excellence Award 2012 for Regional Magazine of the Year!
Member of AGDA